How tinc route traffic when two subnets are identical?

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Thu May 4 14:00:57 CEST 2017

Hello,

Am Thu, 4 May 2017 15:45:52 +0800
schrieb Bright Zhao <startryst at gmail.com>:

> [..]
>
> So I would like to know, the underlying mechanism for equal path of Subnet is
> what? Tinc will test the latency, or something else to make the decision?

tinc only _allows_ certain traffic to pass - it does no routing on its own.

You will need to manipulate your routing setup with the subnet-up/down scripts:
* assign different weights to both subnets
* use the weight for the route metric
* make sure to add the route in subnet-up and remove it in subnet-down

Cheers,
Lars