Multi tenancy setup by Tinc?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Tue May 2 18:40:00 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 08:46:45PM +0800, Bright Zhao wrote:

> For use case of multi-tenancy use case, should I use multiple netnames (/etc/tinc/tenant1, /etc/tinc/tenant2/, etc.) for the network, so that even different tenant have overlapped network address will be possible to work in the same physical host? or can not?

If you have multiple netnames, then you can have overlapping network
addresses all you like as far as tinc is concerned. However, if you want
the physical host to also be able to communicate with the other nodes of
each tennant, then you might have a problem. You could use network
namespaces or other forms of containers to keep the networks separate
for your kernel.