Significance of port 655?

Nirmal Thacker nirmalthacker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:34:44 CEST 2017

Thanks, very informative!

I was able to generate this digraph and I'm pleased with it since it
appears that all my servers behind bastion are directly connected, but
nodes outside are not and are routed via bastion

http://imgur.com/zEojkMw

Here is the digraph itself, if the above link is not accessible:

digraph {
 bastion [label = "bastion", color = "green"];
 consulServer1 [label = "consulServer1", color = "green", style = "filled"];
 consulServer2 [label = "consulServer2", color = "green"];
 consulServer3 [label = "consulServer3", color = "green"];
 ntTest1 [label = "ntTest1", color = "black"];
 ntTest2 [label = "ntTest2", color = "black"];
 bastion -> consulServer1 [w = 65537.000000, weight = 65537.000000];
 bastion -> consulServer2 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 bastion -> consulServer3 [w = 65537.000000, weight = 65537.000000];
 bastion -> ntTest1 [w = 800.219482, weight = 800.219482];
 bastion -> ntTest2 [w = 781.190491, weight = 781.190491];
 consulServer1 -> bastion [w = 65537.000000, weight = 65537.000000];
 consulServer1 -> consulServer2 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer1 -> consulServer3 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer2 -> bastion [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer2 -> consulServer1 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer2 -> consulServer3 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer3 -> bastion [w = 65537.000000, weight = 65537.000000];
 consulServer3 -> consulServer1 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 consulServer3 -> consulServer2 [w = inf, weight = inf];
 ntTest1 -> bastion [w = 800.219482, weight = 800.219482];
 ntTest2 -> bastion [w = 781.190491, weight = 781.190491];
}

I can see how opening up ports on ntTest1 and ntTest2 can enable a direct
connection between them as well.

I have one follow up question:

- Are there any risks to be aware of, with opening and forwarding port 655?
Why would one choose to run tincd on a non-standard port?

   -nirmal