Some tinc clatifications

Alessandro Briosi tsdogs at briosix.org
Tue Jul 11 09:58:39 CEST 2017

Il 2017-07-10 18:32 Matthew Nichols ha scritto:
> 1. That entirely depends on how you have it set up (look at
> StrictSubnets and TunnelServer). It might also be recommended to have
> every node re-key itself (http://tinc-vpn.org/security/).

I've used StrictSubnets and TunnelServer (and probably will keep using
this so roadwarriors don't see eachother, though looking at the logs and
adding the route manually simply would allow them to connect to the
others in some cases), but that's not the point.

I understand on a security bug or something, but having to rekey all the
hosts 'cause someone gets fired to me it sounds insane.
There must be an easy way to block somebody from connecting to the VPN?
Isn't removing it's reference on the "servers" enough?

> 2. No, tinc cannot do this itself.
ok

> 3. That is not a bad approach.
ok