tinc behind CISCO ASA 5506

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Jan 16 14:56:12 CET 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 09:30:03AM -0500, Ramesh wrote:

> when you say "home server" you want me to do this in tinc "histup" or
> somewhere else OR on the firewall?
>
> similarly do i have to add route on the PC that runs the tinc daemon?

You certainly need it on the PC that runs the tinc daemon, but packets
from the other computers on your LAN should also be routed to the PC
that runs the tinc daemon somehow. Normally, they send everything that
is not for the LAN to the gateway. If the gateway is not the same as the
machine running tinc, then on the gateway you have to add a route
sending packets for the other VPN nodes to the PC running tinc.