tinc MAC address

Azul mail at azulinho.com
Mon Jan 16 12:31:18 CET 2017

hey there,

Tinc will generate a new MAC address every time the daemon restarts.

In my setup, in switch mode, I give IP addresses using DHCP to the
different tinc vpn clients.
Some of these boxes are 'pets' and request a particular ip address which is
specified in their dhclient.conf.

My trouble is that since the MAC is regenerated every time the daemon is
restarted, I am forced to have a very low max lease time on my DHCP servers
(< 2minutes), as every time I reboot the client the lease is already
allocated to the previous MAC address.

if there a way to control that tinc MAC behaviour ? ie. generate it once
and re-used that same one every time ?

thanks
-azul