Having problems connecting

Henk henk at innomeer.nl
Fri Dec 22 14:17:17 CET 2017

I am having problems connecting two computers over the vpn.
Form the debug messages it looks like the two computers are connected via tcp on port 655.

But when I try to ping the other computer I get the message:

Cannot route packet from TrackServer (MYSELF): unknown IPv4 destination address 10.23.23.255

One computer has the VPN ip address 10.23.23.1, the other 10.23.23.2. The network mask is 255.255.255.0
The both run windows, tinc 10.0.32

The strangest thing that after a lot of pinging and increasing the debug level they suddenly start working.
I have this same issue on multiple pairs of computer, with the same settings.

I have disabled IPv6 on the network cards.

Does anybody know what causes this and how to solve it or how do get more information about this problem?