Tinc VPN for unjailbroken iOS 9+

Paul Chobert paul at chobert.fr
Wed Aug 23 17:40:58 CEST 2017

Thanks Ryan for your feedback,

You were completely right, a port would be possible but will require a lot
of work.

I'm not that familiar with tinc source code nor Apple Network Extensions
API but here is what I identified so far:

   - Replace OpenSSL with Secure Transport
   - Implement a device based on AppProxyProvider
   - We might embed LZO and use Apple ZLIB but I have no idea how to glue
   around those parts in tinc
   - Replace send_tcppacket and send_udppacket to use some NWUDPSession and
   NWTCPConnection

I'll continue to explore how I could refactor and make tinc souce code more
modular to replace UNIX socket primitive with the Apple way of handling
networking for IP tunnels.

Regards,
Paul.