Can't Route LAN Traffic Behind Tinc Network

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Wed Oct 5 22:17:45 CEST 2016

Hi Kismet,

Am Wed, 5 Oct 2016 10:13:13 -0400
schrieb "Kismet Agbasi" <kagbasi at centraltruck.net>:

> At this point I'm unsure of which information to provide in order to elicit
> some assistance, however, below is the routing table of one INTERNAL and
> EXTERNAL node.  I basically want to be able to reach the 172.23.6.0 network
> from any of the EXTERNAL nodes - any assistance would be highly appreciated.

I suggest to send pings from the source to the target and try to verify the
packets along their way. "tcpdump" is usually a good tool for this:
  tcpdump -ni any icmp
(replace "any" with a specific interface in order to make sure that the traffic
is on the right track)
Afterwards you will have a better feeling whether you need to check the forward
or the return traffic and at which specific node the routing or the firewall
rules are not acting in line with your plan.

Cheers,
Lars