OpenWrt tinc package, looking for new maintainer

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:09:56 CET 2016

Hello Maxim,
thanks for stepping in !

so, I am not even sure how it works for commit rights, because the
people I was in touch with now forked the project to LEDE.

Also, I always committed to OpenWrt packages but I see my commits are
there also for LEDE.

If you are on the mailing list of the OpenWrt/LEDE community you
should understand how this is going to work in the future. I have no
idea.

Lets make it started like this.
Fork in github the package repository:
https://github.com/openwrt/packages

Make a version bump to tinc 1.0.30

Commit message is like
packagename: version bump xxx

So in our example:
tinc: version bump 1.0.30

also change MAINTAINER:=Saverio Proto <zioproto at gmail.com> to something else.

It is important if you make changes and you dont change PKG_VERSION to
increase PKG_RELEASE. Also it is important to reset to 1 PKG_RELEASE
when upgrading PKG_VERSION.

Also it is important to make sure the package compiles before pushing.
If you just version bump compile check is enough. If you change init
script or other stuff you have to do more testing.
After pushing there should still be build bots that compile packages
for all ARCH. You can have a look if packages are built for all ARCHs.

So for now to get started push your change to github and make a merge request.

thank you.

Saverio