Persistent tun/tap

mlist mlist at apsystems.it
Tue Jan 26 08:25:55 CET 2016

It would be nice if in a next tinc release you'll add some service variables tinc propagates to its scripts.
So for example you can define in tinc.conf env variables like:

SERVICE1=
SERVICEn=

and tinc will propagates all SERVICEx Variables found in tinc.conf to all scripts it calls. One can use theoretically infinite Env Var for custom behavior (like custom debug messages, conditional iptables rules load or something else), without lot of coding for you.

Using a multi separated scripts called on state change, as you choice, is right, but make difficult to set common env var if you don't make a tinc inside mechanism like that.

This is only a suggestion, right ?

Thank you
Best Regards

Roberto