Persistent tun/tap

mlist mlist at apsystems.it
Mon Jan 25 16:14:59 CET 2016

Ok. I'm configuring my iptables scripts so that specific iptables rules for virtual network interfaces used for tinc go on tinc-up-fw and tinc-down-fw custom scripts. When I reload iptables rules manually to apply changes iptables scripts flush all chains and reapply rules and now also search in /etc/tinc/<netname>/ directories if the related virtual network interface is up and running and if so it reapply every tinc-up-fw, so probably we do not need anymore a persistent tun virtual interface ever up.

Has tinc possibility to pass a custom env veriable  like $INTERFACE, etc ? it be very useful, for example for DEBUG, so tinc passes on variable to all scripts in which we can put DEBUG messages (tinc-up, tinc-down, host-up. host-down, ...) and to sub custom scripts we create, called by standard tinc scripts.

Best regards

Roberto