Securing tinc config files

Michele Perrucci emmeperrucci at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:39:29 CET 2016

>[cut]
> My situation I face is all my
> remote sites have dynamic addresses ,and in order for me to create a
> connection point between the sites is to have a central server in cloud
> with public address. Therefor the VPS seems like the cheapest option and it
> works well.. its the security part I have concerns with.
> [cut]

Same situation for me but I use a dynamic dns provider (there are a
lot out there, free and paid : choose by yourself the best for you)
coupled with dns-o-matic (a free service from opendns that act as a
client for dynamic dns providers, so you gain two propagations of your
addresses).
So, make a dynamic dns provider account, make a dns-o-matic account,
install and configure a ddns client on one or all  of your machines or
routers, and you can use FQDN for your tinc configurations.
In according with my experience, spreading worldwide IP changes is in
order of seconds.
Regards