Securing tinc config files

Yazeed Fataar yazeedfataar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 11:59:19 CET 2016

Thanks Guus

So based of this , having your central tinc server in VPS Provider , will
allow potentially the provider to replicate your config files and thus
exposing all your remote sites connected. My situation I face is all my
remote sites have dynamic addresses ,and in order for me to create a
connection point between the sites is to have a central server in cloud
with public address. Therefor the VPS seems like the cheapest option and it
works well.. its the security part I have concerns with.

There was a option I was thinking of using is creating a encrypted
partition that I will need to manually decrypt once the server is booted.
This partition will contain the "/etc/tinc" directory. In this case the if
someone had to compromise my server they would first need to decrypt my
encrypted partition . I will not allow decrypt key files to lie on the
server directory , I will have to store them elsewhere. The only downside
is that should my server reboot , i would need manual intervention to bring
up the partition and tinc... Please let me know what you think about this?
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Regards
Yazeed Fataar
<yazeedfataar at hotmail.com>