tinc running openwrt (mikrotik metarouter mips)

Graham Cobb g+tinc at cobb.uk.net
Tue Jan 19 19:44:58 CET 2016

On 19/01/16 18:25, Maxim Vorontsov wrote:
> Yazeed, your tun.ko for 3.3.8. Which kernel do you use?
> Show your "uname -a".

By the way, 3.3.8 seems very old for an OpenWrt kernel.  The router I am
running tinc on has 3.8.10 and is several years old.  I built that image
myself but it was based on Barrier Breaker r36499.

You may want to find a more recent build -- for example a Barrier
Breaker final version.

> If it 3.3.8 too, try "modprobe -v tun".
> What you get?

My image does not have modprobe included.  If you also don't have
modprobe, use insmod.  I don't think tun.ko has any dependencies.