SystemD Trigger

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Feb 29 16:42:05 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 07:48:45AM -0600, md at rpzdesign.com wrote:

> I want to use TIncVPN in a systemd Ubuntu environment.
>
> But I want other services to run AFTER tinc has started running and has its
> tun0 device initialized and ready.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion on what I put into the service files so that
> they are ExecStart after Tinc has come up at boot time?

Add this to tinc's .service file:

[Install]
WantedBy=network-online.target

This is assuming your installation of tinc on Ubuntu has a .service
file. Alternatively, if you use ifupdown, start tinc from
/etc/network/interfaces, like this:

auto vpn

iface vpn inet manual
	tinc-net <netname>

Note that you can also configure the IP address of the VPN interface
from /etc/network/interfaces, in which case you don't need a tinc-up
script anymore.