tinc running openwrt (mikrotik metarouter mips)

Yazeed Fataar yazeedfataar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:38:53 CET 2016

Hi Saverio

Ok I got back to this project I was working on. I managed to get tinc
running after hunting and finding the correct mipsbe openwrt package to run
as a metaROUTER image on my RouterBoard 951G-2HnD. The only issue I am
facing now is the performance has dropped significantly since switching to
metaROUTER image. I used to be able to get speeds in region of 60Mbps and
now im only getting max 5Mbps. The CPU utilisation bumps up to 75% once I
throw something at it. I think it might be the compute resources
(memory,cpu) that is causing the metaROUTER VM to suffer. Has anyone played
around with metaROUTER and Openwrt ?

Regards
Yazeed Fataar
<yazeedfataar at hotmail.com>