Qts - L --mLock option

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Feb 14 11:25:26 CET 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 01:12:11PM +0300, Yazeed Fataar wrote:

> So as best practice running tinc I should include it ?

I personally see little value in it. If you want to enable it, be sure
to understand the implications of locking a process in RAM; you should
have more RAM than the tincd process memory will ever use, and you
should check that there are no resource limits that prevent tinc from
allocating locked memory (check the mlock manpage, the limits.conf
manpage and the bash manpage for the ulimit command).

And of course, if you don't have any swap space enabled, you don't need
the -L option.