tinc - switch mode bridge

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Sun Apr 10 14:54:37 CEST 2016

Hello Yazeed,

Am Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:26:55 +0300
schrieb Yazeed Fataar <yazeedfataar at gmail.com>:

> [..]
>
> *Site 1*
> Server -ping- Site 1 (tinc-srv01) - Success
> Server -ping- Site 2 (tinc-srv02) - Success
> Server -ping- Site 2 - Server 2 - Failure
>

> *Site 2*
> Server -ping- Site 2 (tinc-srv02) - Success
> Server -ping- Site 1 (tinc-srv01) - Failure
> Server -ping- Site 1 - Server 1 - Failure

Could it be that ip_forward is disabled on tinc-srv02? Or maybe brige
traffic filtering is active without the required firewall rules?

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

> Is there a feature I need to enable ( ie Proxy Arp) on tinc-srv02 the arp to
> reach the server (site 2) ?

I am not aware of any unusual network setup requirements for tinc.

> My tinc-srv02 in Site 2 has one interface that I have bridged with tun0.

Are you sure that this works? I understand tun devices to be layer 3 interfaces
- thus they cannot be connected to a bridge (layer 2), as far as I understand.

Cheers,
Lars