tinc - switch mode bridge

Yazeed Fataar yazeedfataar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:26:55 CEST 2016

Hi

I am testing running tinc in switch mode. , my topology is as follows

Site 1 (tinc-srv01) -> Site 2 (tinc-srv02)

I have configured the bridge interfaces with ip addresses and able to ping
between bridges. I then setup a server on each site and tested layer 2
connectivity between the two servers. Topology as follows.

Server 1 - *Site 1* (tinc-srv01) -> *Site 2* (tinc-srv02) - Server 2

My ping test are as follows

*Site 1*
Server -ping- Site 1 (tinc-srv01) - Success
Server -ping- Site 2 (tinc-srv02) - Success
Server -ping- Site 2 - Server 2 - Failure

*Site 2*
Server -ping- Site 2 (tinc-srv02) - Success
Server -ping- Site 1 (tinc-srv01) - Failure
Server -ping- Site 1 - Server 1 - Failure

Site 2 tinc-srv02 and server are running in a hosted environment (vmware
esxi hypervisor) . while Site 1 and tinc-srv01 are running on my laptop
(vmware workstation). On the server in site 2 it appears that there is no
arp entries being propagated in its arp table. Is there a feature I need to
enable ( ie Proxy Arp) on tinc-srv02 the arp to reach the server (site 2) ?

My tinc-srv02 in Site 2 has one interface that I have bridged with tun0.

Please advise?

<yazeedfataar at hotmail.com>