Feasibility of Tinc vpn with my current setup.

Bobby Thomas bobbythomas.tvm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:00:36 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am new to Tinc VPN and really would like to make full benefit of this
implementation if possible. I would like to know whether I will be able to
use Tinc to its full potential. My current setup is as follows,

IPfire router/firewall(openvpn client) --->ISP(Internet)--->Amazon
VPS(openvpn server).

The ipfire router is behind a CARRIER-GRADE NAT, I am able to reach the
network behind the IPfire router (which acts as an openvpn client and
publish its internal network over the openvpn)  through openvpn from
anywhere (using an open vpn client connecting to Amazon VPS which is the
openvpn server) but since the traffic need to traverse through openvpn
server(Amazon VPS) there is a lot of delay/overhead and its consuming VPS
network bandwidth, I have come to know that Tinc VPN supports spoke to
spoke(full mesh) direct connection bypassing hub (so clients can reach
other clients without going through a server) , can this be possible in my
scenario? I am really looking out for a solution.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bobby Thomas.