tinc exit when there is no internet?

Heng Wang hwang at verifeye.com
Tue Nov 24 17:53:49 CET 2015

Hi Guys,

I have been using tinc in a linux environment, which has always been
working fine. Recently I encountered an issue that tinc process exits(or
crash?) when internet is down.
What could be the cause of it? Is there a timeout mechanism inside tinc
code that it will exit after failing to bring up tun/tap interface for a
long period? The internet has been down for several days.

I am trying to reproduce this issue by bringing down internet when tinc is
working fine. In the meantime can anyone give some idea? I appreciate that.

Thank you.

Heng