Configuration advice on a single interface server

Terry T terryhwt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:54:26 CET 2015

Sorry, Guus

I know how to bridge an internal adapter to a tap device. My problem is
that this box only has one physical interface.

Internet ----->[Cisco router]------------[network switch]--------{PCs,
Linux VPN server}

A typical server bridge setup is for the LAN side of the adapter to be
bridged to the tap, and the external client connecting to its external
adapter be serviced by the vpn program. In my situation, my one physical
adapter is functioning both as an internal LAN adapter and also responsible
for servicing requests from the remote client.