Fwd: tinc questions

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:04:05 CEST 2015

On 6/8/2015 4:09 PM, Cristiano Albiero Berni wrote:
> about tomato firmware... can I install it on a VMware virtual machine?

No, there isn't really a way to get it working well in emulation.

> tinc web ui is already included with the last tomato version?

Shibby has included it for several releases. Ironically it's not in his
'vpn' release. It's currently only in the AIO (All in One builds), which
generally requires routers with > 16mb flash space (I think most ARM
routers do anyway).    I also have compiled firmware images that should
fit in most mipsel based supported routers.

http://files.lancethepants.com/Firmware/

Forum post announcing Tinc + Tomato with screenshots.
http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/tinc-mesh-vpn.70257/
This is the best place for tinc + tomato related queries.