Fwd: tinc questions

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:52:40 CEST 2015

On 6/8/2015 11:55 AM, Cristiano Albiero Berni wrote:

> 2- Is there a kind of web interface to manager the server?
Tinc itself does not come with any web ui.
However, I created a web ui for tomato firmware, which is available for
select routers with the broadcom chipset.

The "shibby" tomato firmware supports many newer routers, including ARM
variants; Netgear R7000, Asus RT-68U etc.
http://tomato.groov.pl/

I even made one that will run on the ancient wrt54gl.
http://files.lancethepants.com/Firmware/MIPSR1/Toastman%207636%20%2B%20Tinc1.1.pre11/

> 3- Any release date of tinc 2.0 version?
Tinc 1.1 final still has not been released, and there is no definite
release date set.  AFAIK, there hasn't been any (major) work on 2.0.
Probably safe to say many years down the road.  tinc1.1 may still take a
bit more time, though I feel like it's nearing a final. No idea though.
Probably one of those situation you can say, "it's done when it's done".