Mesh and scalability

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 01:17:11 CEST 2015

This is very helpful, thanks.

In my scenario, most nodes will run behind firewalls. Some nodes (but not many) will reside behind the same firewall (without port forwarding).

Is there a way of configuring tinc so that all traffic gets routed via the “server” node on the public internet, except for the communications between two nodes behind the same firewall? And if so, is there a way of cutting down on the graph updates given they are mostly pointless in this scenario?

Thanks,

Johannes.