bridging tinc router mode network and switch mode network

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Fri Jun 5 00:52:54 CEST 2015

Are you sure B is correctly configured to forward packets at the layer
3 level between the interface of the "router" tinc and the interface
of the "switch" tinc? (iptables, etc.)

On router B, are you sure the node file for B on the "router" tinc is
configured to announce the entire 192.168.15.0/24 subnet (i.e. Subnet
= 192.168.15.0/24)? Otherwise B won't get the packets destined for C
on the "router mode" tinc network.

If you run tcpdump (or any other sniffer) on B's "router" tinc
interface while you're doing your tests, what do you see? Same
question for the interface of the "switch" tinc. It should make it
easier to see where the packets are getting lost.