Please help debug Windows setup

Adam Macielinski adam at macielinski.net
Tue Jul 14 00:44:03 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks to John Wice for helping me with an earlier question.  My two PCs behind the same router are still having problems connecting.  Would appreciate thoughts on what I’m doing wrong…

Router:

Port 655 forwarded to 192.168.1.45, both TCP and UDP

Port 656 forwarded to 192.168.1.51, both TCP and UDP

Machine #1.

==========

Local IP address on LAN = 192.168.1.45

Windows Firewall allows all incoming TCP and UDP traffic for the Tinc.TincVPN service.

Tinc.conf:

Name = Adam

ConnectTo = Erika

Interface = TincVPN

BindToAddress = 192.168.1.45 655

Hosts/Adam:

Address = XYZ.ddns.org  [WAN IP address, of router]

Port = 655

Subnet = 192.168.1.45

Hosts/Erika:

As below

Machine #2.

==========

Local IP address on LAN = 192.168.1.51

Windows Firewall allows all incoming TCP and UDP traffic for the Tinc.TincVPN service.

Tinc.conf:

Name = Erika

ConnectTo = Adam

Interface = TincVPN

BindToAddress = 192.168.1.51 656

Hosts/Erika:

Address = XYZ.ddns.org  [WAN IP address, of router, same as above]

Port = 656

Subnet = 192.168.1.51

Hosts/Adam:

As above