lower bound of prefixlength in host subnet ?

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Feb 6 21:36:03 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:01:21PM +0100, Flynn Marquardt wrote:

> Analyzing a routing problem in a tinc net I found, that a declaration of
> a class-A subnet (x.0.0.0/8) in a host configuration file is ignored, e.g.
>
> Subnet = x.0.0.0/8
[...]
> Splitting the subnet in two /9 subnets helps:
>
> Subnet = x.0.0.0/9
> Subnet = x.128.0.0/9
>
> All tests are done with tinc version 1.0.13.

Could it be that the Subnet declaration was on the last line of the
file? There is a bug in 1.0.13 (fixed in 1.0.14) that causes it to
ignore the last line of a config file if it doesn't end with a newline
character. You might have fixed it when you replaced it with two /9
Subnets. If so, try changing it back to one /8 again.

Otherwise, there is no lower limit. You can in fact add Subnet =
0.0.0.0/0, which is used for example in this example:

http://tinc-vpn.org/examples/redirect-gateway/