Failover Subnet

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Tue Apr 7 00:24:27 CEST 2015

On 6 April 2015 at 23:03,  <albi at life.de> wrote:
>> currently it tries to estimate which one is closest by measuring the
>> time it took to establish metaconnections along the edges to the node,
>
> Shure? I remember alphabetic order (host name) in tinc 1.0.

Actually, yes you're right, my bad, I was confused between
edge_t::weight and subnet_t::weight while looking at the code. The
edge weight is only used when routing messages over the metagraph, not
when sending packets.

You are correct that node name lexicographical order is used as
priority order as a last resort. However, you can add a weight to your
Subnet configuration to customize the priority. You might want to look
at the documentation for the Subnet configuration option in the
manpage which explains this.