Failover Subnet

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Mon Apr 6 23:38:02 CEST 2015

If your question is "can I assign the same subnet to multiple tinc
nodes on the same network", the answer is yes (for both 1.0 and 1.1).
That can indeed be used for seamless failover.

That said, when sending packets to a subnet assigned to multiple nodes, it
 is not very well-defined which node tinc will send the packets to -
currently it tries to estimate which one is closest by measuring the
time it took to establish metaconnections along the edges to the node,
which is probably not a very reliable metric, though it's better than
nothing.