Forwarding in switch mode

zorun zorun at polyno.me
Mon Sep 29 17:48:43 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:30:40PM +0300, Николай Шульга wrote:
> Etienne,
>
> I made a check and - it works now with settings you have advised.
> I've been misled by the name of the settings. I thought,
> "IndirectData = no" should mean we are prohibiting indirect data.
> While in reality to prohibit , we should write "IndirectData = yes".

Yes, I've been confused a lot by this option too.

> Probably it would be good to put this clarification to the
> documentation. As I've red through all settings in documentation
> many times and have interpreted this one the wrong way.

The git version already has a clearer explanation:

     IndirectData = yes | no (no)
             When set to yes, only nodes which already have a meta connection to you will try to establish direct communication with you.  It is best to leave this
             option out or set it to no.