High packet loss under load

Dominik George dominik.george at teckids.org
Sun Sep 28 17:52:16 CEST 2014

(please keep me addressed directly as I am not subscribed to the list)

Hi,

I am experiencing high packet loss on a Tinc tunnel under load. For
example, a running Ping looses about 60% of packages while apt-get
update is utilizing the tunnel.

I am not very certain that Tinc is the culprit, as the tunnel is running
over a Wifi connection. The Wifi connection has been proven to be
stable, though.

The Tinc version in action is 1.0.24 on Debian testing.

I imagine that a TCP only connection would ease things on a Wifi link,
but IIRC TCPOnly support is being dropped from Tinc.

Any ideas how to make a Tinc tunnel more stable?

Cheers,
Nik

--
Dominik George (Vorstandsvorsitzender, Pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. - Erkunden, Entdecken, Erfinden.