Using Tinc to create overlay network for VMs or LXC containers?

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Wed Sep 24 17:55:47 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM, raul <raulbe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could install Tinc in all the containers on both sides and use 'ConnecTo'
> and create a mesh which will possibly work, but is there a better or more
> efficient way to do this?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Note that you don't need a full
mesh, just make sure all tinc nodes are part of the same graph and you
should be good to go.

tinc will automatically figure it out and establish direct UDP
connections between nodes (using UDP hole punching to circumvent NATs
if necessary), even if they don't have a direct "ConnectTo"
declaration for each other. In other words tinc will always use the
most efficient route (i.e. direct UDP communication) assuming it's
technically feasible over the underlying network.