packet loss

Sandy McArthur Jr sandy at mcarthur.org
Tue May 20 16:25:18 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM, folkert <folkert at vanheusden.com> wrote:

> > > Something strange is happening at my place: I have lots of packet loss
> > > in my tinc vpn.
> > >
> > > Network layout:
> > >
> > >  laptop --- wifi --- other pc
> > >
> > > ping from laptop to other pc OUTSIDE tinc: 0% packet loss
> > > ping from laptop to other pc VIA tinc: 50% packet loss
> > >
> > > What could be the cause of that?
>
> > I would try first to remove the *wifi* from the picture ...
>
> Please re-read my question.
> I also did a ping to the other pc outside of the vpn over wifi. And that
> way it had 0% packet loss. So the wifi has 0% packet loss.

Your pings shows your WiFi from your AP to laptop has a good connection, it
does not show that the WiFi from your laptop to AP has a good connection.
If the problem happens without your WiFi AP or from other locations then
you can likely eliminate your WiFi AP.

--
Sandy McArthur, Jr.

"No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
- Letters and Other Writings of James Madison (1865), Vol. IV, p. 491