Routing

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Wed Mar 26 23:24:21 CET 2014

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Guus Sliepen <guus at tinc-vpn.org> wrote:
>> Tinc measures latency of edges but only when establishing a connection and then, it even ignores it.
>
> It doesn't ignore it, but indeed it is only measured once.

Ah, that's unfortunate. And that's why I need to restart tinc to get
it to use better routes. I noticed that when a host behind a firewall
didn't have the tinc ports routed and after I routed them I needed to
restart tinc to get it to use that connection. It would be great if
connections were retried and re-mesured periodically so that tinc
adapts to changing network conditions.

Cheers,

Pedro