Linux box as network gateway

Donald Pearson donaldwhpearson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:09:50 CET 2014

By the way, if you create a layer 2 vpn using bridging like this, I suggest
installing ebtables on your tinc box so that you can put in some layer 2
firewall rules.  An interesting result when you don't do this is DHCP
traversing the VPN.  Much to my surprise I've seen hosts on one site
receive DHCP from a site across the VPN, ultimately using the remote router
as its gateway.
You would think the local server would be faster and always win, but that's
not always the case.