Tons of "Failed to decrypt and verify packet"

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Mar 9 16:13:17 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:05:11PM -0700, Lance Fredrickson wrote:

> Yes, for me too. That's what I've reverted to using. 1.1pre10 is
> where Windows builds don't want to play with the rest of the Linux
> mesh.

1.1pre9 is not compatible with 1.1pre10. If you are mixing the two versions,
you will indeed get failed to decrypt errors.

The new protocol might still change until the release of 1.1.0. If you still
want to use 1.1preX, but if for some reason it is not possible to upgrade all
nodes at the same time, I suggest that you set "ExperimentalProtocol = no" in
the tinc.conf of all those nodes. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.