memory leak with vlan tagged traffic in switch mode

Florian Schoedel Florian.Schoedel at meteringservice.de
Thu Jun 12 06:52:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

has anybody a running setup with 2 or more tinc daemons in switch mode which
transport 8021q tagged traffic?
I am trying to connect two segments with about 4 x 1000 mac addresses
(distributed on different vlans). I am always running out of memory on one
side. This happens only on the side where the arp requests come from.
Currently there is no unicast traffic between the sides; only broadcasted
arp requests.
It looks like tincd reserves memory with each arp request which isn't freed
afterwards or
tincd builds internal structures for the arp cache, based on the wrong
information from the ethernet header, when I transport 8021q tagged traffic.

If I change my config from switch to hub mode, everything works fine.
Are there any drawbacks If I use hub mode when there are only two connected
sites?

Thanks for your help

Florian