Tinc Service unable to start on Windows 8.1

Maik tinc at maikschmidt.org
Thu Feb 27 14:06:52 CET 2014

Has anyone tried to use tinc on a Windows 8.1 system? I just did it
and noticed, that I am unable to start the service.

_c:Program Files
(x86)tinctincd -n vpn tinc.vpn service installed tinc.vpn se_rvice
started

.. will create and start the service, but not really. The
servic exists, but can not be started.

If I start the service manually,
I got the following message (translated literally): the service
"tinc.vpn" was started on the local computer und stopped afterward. Some
services will be stopped automatically, if they will be used independent
from other services or applications.

I can start tinc with ..

_c:Program Files (x86)tinctincd -D -n vpn_

.. without problems, but
have to keep the window open and that's not really useable. ;-)

Any
ideas how to fix the problem?

Many thanks!
_MAIK_