Purging info about a deleted node

Gian Piero Carrubba gpiero at rm-rf.it
Thu Aug 7 15:01:55 CEST 2014

* [Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 11:48:55AM +0200] Guus Sliepen:
>A solution is already available. You can remove these ghosts by running
>this command on one of the nodes that is currently online:
>
>tinc -n <netname> purge
>
>You can achieve the same with tinc 1.0.x by running:
>
>tincd -n <netname> -kWINCH

Thank you, Guus.

I didn't mention I had already tried `tinc purge` without success and so
concluded that it was meant for another scope (well, not sure which).
This is with (currently) the Debian package 1.1~pre9-1, maybe when I
first tried it was a previous version, not sure. To be honest I think it
succeeded in removing the ghost node, but it got re-added after a matter
of seconds. Multiple tests done now on different nodes instead show that
the ghost is not removed at all. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I had however missed the WINCH signal for 1.0.x so I'm going to try it.
I've not yet tried it just in case you wish some stats before I proceed.
It is maybe worth mentioning that all my nodes run chrooted with an
unprivileged user. Almost all run also with --mlock option.

Thank you,
Gian Piero.