Problem with lost packets

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Fri Sep 6 22:34:26 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 01:03:56PM +0200, Dariusz Bajszczak wrote:

>     I have problem with lost packets in tinc connection. I have tinc VPN with about 60 nodes (central node with tinc 1.0.20 and 59 nodes with tinc 1.0.9 connecting with central). Everything works fine except 2 nodes. In this nodes I observed about 90 % packet loss in connection to central. In the logs (debug level 5) I don't see any errors. I tested connection with iperf (server in central node). When I use iperf over tinc, 90% packet is lost (10 kbits/s speed), without tinc (with the same protocols and ports, udp and tcp port 654) everything is ok (4 Mbit/s). All nodes have the same version of tinc, identical configuration (except ip address) and firewall. I need help.

Did you check the logs of the central node AND of the two problematic nodes? Is
there anything different about those two nodes than the 57 other 1.0.9 nodes?
If those things don't give you any answers, could you send me the tinc.conf of
the central node and the two problem nodes, their host config files, and the
contents of tinc-up on those three nodes? That would give us a better idea of
your configuration.