Nested Subnets

Rafael Westenberger rafwes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:56:43 CET 2013

Hello!

I've recently set up tinc on openwrt routers that take care of the traffic
between distinct subnets. Unfortunately some of my users are trying to
transfer way more than those devices can handle, so thought I could install
tinc locally at their machines to offload most of the traffic from the
routers. I've read in the docs, that you can assign priorities for clients
that have the SAME subnet, but that would not be the case here. While the
gateway routers manage /24 subnets, the clients would only manage their own
/32 subnet. What is the best course of action in these cases?

Thanks,

Rafael