PingTimeout

Cédric Lemarchand cedric.lemarchand at ixblue.com
Fri Jul 26 14:36:30 CEST 2013

Le 26/07/13 14:16, Etienne Dechamps a écrit :
> On 07/25/2013 11:44 PM, Cédric Lemarchand wrote:
>> - defining nodes and bandwidth capacity (simple shapping, I don't
>> want that nodes with big link flood the little ones), and let some
>> bandwidth for voice traffic (lets say 1/10 or 1/8). This is what I am
>> doing right now. (a feature that Tinc lacks : doing that internally
>> with a bandwidth value for each nodes would be awesome, but this is
>> maybe our of the scope)
>
> Actually there is already some experimental code in tinc that tries to
> estimate capacity between nodes. I guess it could be used to do
> "smart" routing based on available bandwidth and latency, but of
> course that's far from trivial.

Nice ! even if in my case I don't need/cannot use smart routing.

A simple idea come in my mind : add a tinc variable like
"SUBNET_BANDWIDTH" for example, this way it will be very easy to build
dynamically the QOS classes with the subnet-up script when nodes comes
up (and clean them with subnet-down)
More generally, I think it would be useful for scripting needs to have
the possibility to declare and share custom variables between nodes.