PriorityInheritance doesn't work (tinc 1.0.19)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sun Jan 20 15:22:58 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 01:53:01PM +0400, SVM wrote:

> I'd like to use PriorityInheritance option, despite it is still
> experimental. (Why it could be experimental, when it looks quite
> simple feature, no?)

It might not work on all platforms. Also, it is limited to IPv4 packets that
are tunneled inside other IPv4 packets. Maybe it's not really experimental but
a "your mileage may vary" kind of feature.

> But this option doesn't change the TOS field of outgoing UDP packet.
[...]
> Is this a bug or I do something wrong?
[...]
> Mode = switch

I see I only ever implemented this for router mode. I made it work in switch
mode as well, you can try the latest version (either the master or 1.1 branch)
from git.