TOS

Raul Dias raul at dias.com.br
Mon Jan 7 20:41:29 CET 2013

Hello Tincers,

Is it possible to replicate the TOS of a package (or even the mark) from a
packet before entering the TAP to match the encrypted packet that goes to
the Internet?

I have a 20+ nodes in a tinc network and I need to privilege ssh packets
that goes inside the VPN above anything.

I can't just give priority to all tinc packets as there are a lot of bulk
traffic going on that does not need priority.

For example, add to this VOIP and other stuff that are already shapped and
given priority outside tinc.

So, What I want is to give some priority in the following order:

- real output interface
* ssh inside tinc         (A)
- ssh outside tinc
- VOIP outside tinc
- bulk traffic (mail, http, ..)  outside tinc
* bult traffice inside tinc    (B)
- other low priority traffic

So, does tinc offers a way to diffenciate traffic A from B?

thanks,
-rsd