graphviz

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Fri Dec 27 15:43:20 CET 2013

> > Making your colours terminal agnostic requires inclusion of curses or something like that. Compare i18n or l12n. And you are entering bike-shed territorium.
>
> Virtually all terminals support ANSI color escape codes. Programs like ls and git
> don't bother to link with a terminal library. And the CLI in tinc 1.1 is
> already linked to curses. But yes, bike-shedding might be a problem.

What's wrong with bike shedding? We live in gigabyte century not
kilobyte.
Besides even over gprs (a few kb a second) full color ncurses works fine
(see f-irc, multitail, httping - my toy projects using either ncurses or
ansi). You can still make it an option maybe even a compilation option.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail er et flexible tool for å kontrolere Logfiles og commandoer.
Med filtrer, farger, sammenføringer, forskeliger ansikter etc.