LocalDiscovery detecting nodes through tunnel

Dominik George nik at naturalnet.de
Thu Apr 4 13:40:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have tried the LocalDiscovery feature of tinc.

The problem is that it also sends broadcast probes out the CPN interface
*and* detects nodes on the VPN. A connection is then established through
the tunnel, which effectively breaks connectivity between the two nodes.

I do not think that discovering hosts on the VPN makes sense in any way.
How can it be disabled?

I could easily netfilter those packets out on the tunnel interface, but
this is only feasible on some of my nodes due to platform restrictions
(ever tried to use iptables in a useful way on Android without going
nuts?).

Cheers,
Nik

--
* mirabilos is handling my post-1990 smartphone *
<mirabilos> Aaah, it vibrates! Wherefore art thou, demonic device??

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296