Error when compiling tinc 1.1pre3 - configure: error: "curses header files not found."

Håvard Rabbe hrabbe at me.com
Sun Nov 11 19:02:24 CET 2012

Hi!

Thank you.

After installing libncurses5-dev and libreadline6 it was happy until checking for openssl:

checking openssl/evp.h usability... no
checking openssl/evp.h presence... no
checking for openssl/evp.h... no
configure: error: OpenSSL header files not found.

I then installed libcurl4-openssl-dev and ./configure command finished.

But when i'm running make I get this error:

root at ubuntu:~/tinc-1.1pre3# make
Sorry, command-not-found has crashed! Please file a bug report at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/command-not-found/+filebug
Please include the following information with the report:

command-not-found version: 0.3
Python version: 3.2.3 final 0
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	12.10
Codename:	quantal
Exception information:

unsupported locale setting
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/CommandNotFound/util.py", line 24, in crash_guard
    callback()
  File "/usr/lib/command-not-found", line 69, in main
    enable_i18n()
  File "/usr/lib/command-not-found", line 40, in enable_i18n
    locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/locale.py", line 541, in setlocale
    return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting
root at ubuntu:~/tinc-1.1pre3#

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Håvard Rabbe