Error when compiling tinc 1.1pre3 - configure: error: "curses header files not found."

Håvard Rabbe hrabbe at me.com
Sun Nov 11 14:33:36 CET 2012

Hi!

I'm trying to compile tinc-vpn 1.1pre3 on Ubuntu 12.10, but I get this error:

checking curses.h usability... no
checking curses.h presence... no
checking for curses.h... no
configure: error: "curses header files not found."

(See the attached text file for the output when running ./configure)

I have  searched  on google after this error message but I can't find anything about it.

I have also made sure that zlib, lzo and libevent is installed by installing the packages zlib1g, zlib1g-dev, liblzo2-2, liblzo2-dev, libevent-dbg and libevent-dev.
I think these packages are the  correct ones.

Do you have any idea of what's wrong? What am I missing?